Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another day, Another dollar

I got up this morning, going around the house like a mad woman, cleaning while gettin chelsey ready for school. This morning after chelsey was gone to school, we have company coming. Child protection was coming to our house and I wanted to make sure everything was tidyed up even though our house isnt that much big of a deal, I usually have everything done before I went to bed.
I am guessing you are wondering why we are having child protection visit our house? we are arranging for our daughter ( my step daughter) to have councelling as she is showing aggression/frustration and well, simply she won't talk to us, so we are trying at least have her talk to someone. Since we got full custody of chelsey, chelsey has expressed that she has felt she was kicked out of her mothers house ( her mother asked us to take chelsey) and she expressed some tantrums, etc since. We want to get her help while she is young and we are trying to have the transition of her moving here easier and better for her. She has made such a improvement in school wise, and there are rules and displicine here as at her mothers, she was free to do what she want and I think thats why she is so behind on her reading level,etc cause she was never forced to keep doing it at home. It has been a upward battle since chelsey came living here. And it isn't going to get easier. She is starting to tell LOTS of "fibs" and I won't stand for it. She is 10 years old, pees her pants.. most times its laziesness, but yesterday she came home, i know how she acts when it happens, and i asked her why she did it, and she lied to my face ( she was already grounded for lying , this was the last wk for her grounding) and i told her for the lie she told me, she is grounded for a additional week. If she actusually told me the truth she wouldnt of been grounded nor would I have been mad at her for peeing her pants cause actusually what happened, has happened to everyone, happened to me before, so why would I get mad over it ? ( she and her friend was joking, laughed so hard she peed.... thats understandable) I Just couldnt understand why she lye about it and I am trying to get her to understand she wouldnt be in so much trouble if she just told the TRUTH. Needless to say, she didn't like me to much yesterday, but the way I figure it, I must be doing something right and hopefully when she gets older she will recongize what I have done for her and she actusually look back and say, hey she tried her best with me and she do love me. I love her very much, just sometimes it gets frustrating. I know I aint her mom.. but I am being more of a mom to her then what her OWN mom is being. now thats a topic, I don't think blogspot would be able to hold a blog for. lol. I can ramble all on and on and on!!!..

I know I kinda jumped back and forth there.. Just getting my thoughts out.. Anyways, we have it set up for chelsey so hopefully we will get it all set up for her.

We also have to go meet her teachers this afternoon.. Not looking forward to it.. But I think it only has to do with gettin her extra help as her language comphrension isn't improving, even though I am trying my best at home to get it better. I am after taking her to the bookstore gettin her level reading, gettin her pick out the book she wants to read, encourage her,, but she just doesn't seem interested. I can only do so much, but She knows she has to read for 1 hr each night and its to the point I have to sit down and read with her so I know she do read ( normal kid stuff--skipping pages lol )...

BLAH! My mother in laws birthday today. The big 5-0! We are going to pick up a cake and card later, so it is going to be my place for the evening is down to her house..

Enough rambling for today... now to follow some people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment